When you think of someone who is confident, what do you picture? I picture someone who knows how to dress and walks into the room like they own it. Their posture is great, their smile infectious, and they are unafraid to make eye contact. In no way are they flawless, but there’s something about them that makes you want to get to know them. And that something is confidence; they believe in themselves.
1. It is possible to be confident and still be afraid. Being confident doesn’t mean you have no fear, but that you are able to acknowledge your fear and constructively channel it.
2. “Fake it till you make it.” If you don’t feel confident, fake it. By faking it you will start to believe it and gradually you won’t be faking it anymore. You will be confident.
3. You are your own worst enemy, but you are also your biggest fan. Build yourself up by being positive. Think of all your skills and talents. Positivity goes a long way when it comes to being confident. Love yourself!
4. Don’t let others opinion of you determine how you view yourself. It takes too much time and energy to care what people think of you. Live in such a way that you are happy with yourself.
5. Confidence doesn’t have to be loud. There is a quiet confidence held fast in those who know what they believe and chose not to be swayed by others.
6. Expect success. If you don’t think you will ever be confident, then you probably won’t be. Your expectations of yourself, whether positive or negative, creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. So expect greatness and you will achieve it.
7. Stop comparing yourself to others. We are all at different places in life and by comparing yourself to others you will only feel worse. As Jon Acuff says, “Don’t compare you’re beginning to someone else’s middle.” You were made unique and wonderful in every way.
8. Confidence is sexy. It attracts others to you. So be confident; you are sexy!